Rabbit polyclonal antibody
**This antibody is a replacement for our original catalog #822-GA2C. It was
produced by the same methods, using the same fusion protein antigen
in new animals.
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Reactivity:
- Rat, Mouse, Human, Bovine, Non-human primate, Zebra fish, Canine
- WB 1:1000ICC 1:1000
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~51 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 822-GA2CL, RRID:AB_2492101
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the ?2-subunit of rat GABAA receptor.
The antibody is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channelassociated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six αs, four βs and four γs, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for α- and β-subunitsresults in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a γ-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. The various effects of the benzodiazepines in brain may also be mediated via different ?- subunits of the receptor (McKernan et al., 2000; Mehta and Ticku, 1998; Ogris et al., 2004; Pöltl et al., 2003).
• GABA A receptor subunit alpha 2 antibody
• GABA antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha 2 antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-2 antibody
• GABR A2 antibody
• GABRA 2 antibody
• GABRA2 antibody
• GABRA2 protein antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor alpha 2 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha 2 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor alpha 2 subunit antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha 2 antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-2 antibody
• GBRA2_HUMAN antibody