Founded in 1962, Antibodies Inc. became a leader in high quality secondary antibodies. Its product portfolio was expanded in the 70s and 80s to include in-vitro diagnostic kits. Antibodies Inc. has been the commercial partner for the NeuroMab line of highly-validated mouse monoclonal antibodies, developed by the NIH-funded, UC Davis-based NeuroMab facility since the facility’s initial funding in 2005. Since its inception, the project has yielded nearly 500 antibodies, many of them knockout-validated on mouse brain.
Aves Labs co-founder Dr. Gary Ciment was a professor of Cell Biology at Oregon Health & Sciences University, and looked to chicken antibodies after the failure of rabbit and mouse antibodies against a highly-conserved mammalian gene product. His success with chicken polyclonal antibodies resulted in the founding of Aves Labs in 1995, which has since pioneered novel algorithms for finding highly-immunogenic peptide sequences within proteins, developed novel affinity purification methods specific for chicken antibodies, and developed a host of other useful reagents.
ICT was founded in 1994 as a contract lab providing custom immunoassay services and a proprietary line of ELISA reagents. Shortly thereafter ICT expanded its product line to include a variety of fluorescent probes useful for determination of cell viability and investigating mechanisms of cell death. Today, ICT is well-known in the biotech industry and its products are used worldwide by researchers to probe mechanisms of cell death, perform immunoassays, and advance scientific understanding.
What makes us different?
- If we attempt to make an antibody and it doesn’t work, we throw it away. We never sell an antibody that we can’t get to work in our hands.
- Our commitment to strict validation standards ensures a clean signal in endogenous protein and verifies phosphospecificity for relevant products.
- We are dedicated to reproducibility. Look for our “Pooled Serum” icon. Each antibody with this icon is purified from its own pool of serum to ensure lot-to-lot consistency.
- We guarantee our antibodies. If you can’t get the antibody to work in your application, we will provide a 100% refund.
- When making a custom antibody, we provide personalized customer support from start to finish, from peptide design, to purification, to characterization.