- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Expected Reactivity:
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~55 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 417-DDC, RRID:AB_2492072
The antigen is an SDS denatured, recombinant bovine aromatic DOPA decarboxylase (DDC) expressed in E. coli and purified from inclusion bodies.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using an AminoLink® Plus column matrix to which purified, recombinant bovine DDC was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
DOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase, AADC; DDC) catalyzes the second reaction in the biosynthesis of catecholamines and serotonin (Waymire and Haycock, 2002; Berry et al., 1996; Haycock et al., 2003). It is also involved in the biosynthesis of trace amines. DDC antibodies can therefore be used as markers for dopaminergic, noradrenergic and serotonergic neurons in a variety of applications including depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease and drug abuse (Kish et al., 2001; Zhu et al., 2000; Zhu et al., 1999).
- AADC antibody
- Aromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibody
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
- DDC antibody
- DDC_HUMAN antibody
- DOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) antibody
- DOPA decarboxylase antibody