Rabbit polyclonal antibodyPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Mouse, Rat
- Expected Reactivity:
- Human, Xenopus, Bovine, Chicken, Non-human primate, Zebra fish, Sheep, Canine
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:100-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~45 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p1010-133, RRID:AB_2492066
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser133 of rat CREB.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
It is well known that the control of gene expression involves activation of protein kinase cascades that regulate transcription factors within the nucleus (Karin and Hunter, 1995). The cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) is one of the best characterized stimulus-induced transcription factors (Montminy, 1997). This transcription factor is a component of intracellular signaling events that regulate a wide range of biological functions, from spermatogenesis to circadian rhythms and memory (Shaywitz and Greenberg, 1999; Silva et al., 1998). A variety of protein kinases including protein kinase A (PKA), mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), and Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases (CaMKs) phosphorylate CREB at serine 133 (Ser133), and phosphorylation of Ser133 are required for CREB-mediated transcription (Johannessen et al., 2004; Kornhauser et al., 2002).
- Active transcription factor CREB antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP response element binding protein antibody
- cAMP responsive element binding protein 1 antibody
- cAMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibody
- CREB antibody
- CREB-1 antibody
- CREB1 antibody
- CREB1_HUMAN antibody
- Cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 1 antibody
- MGC9284 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163864 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000163865 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206660 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206662 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000206667 antibody
- Transactivator protein antibody