- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Chicken, Mouse, Rat, Xenopus
- Expected Reactivity:
- Bovine, Canine, Non-human primate
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:100-1:1000ICC 1:500 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~53 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 2100-VGAT, RRID:AB_2492282
The antigen is a peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the N-terminal region of rat Vesicular GABA Amino Acid Transporter (VGAT).
The antibody is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification on a column made with the peptide used as antigen.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
The Vesicular GABA Amino Acid Transporter (VGAT) is responsible for transport of the inhibitory neurotransmitter into synaptic vesicles(McIntire et al., 1997). The VGAT protein (also known as the Vesicular Inhibitory Amino Aid Transporter or VIAAT) is expressed in synaptic vesicles of both glycine and GABAergic synapses throughout the CNS (Chaudhry et al., 1998). Expression of the VGAT protein changes during development and also in response to patterns of neuronal activity (De et al., 2005).
• bA122O1.1 antibody
• GABA and glycine transporter antibody
• hVIAAT antibody
• SLC32A1 antibody
• SLC32A 1 antibody
• Slc32a1 antibody
• solute carrier family 32 (GABA vesicular transporter) member 1 antibody
• Solute carrier family 32 member 1 antibody
• Vesicular GABA Amino Acid Transporter antibody
• Vesicular GABA transporter antibody
• Vesicular inhibitory amino acid transporter antibody
• VGAT antibody
• VIAAT antibody
• VIAAT_HUMAN antibody