Rabbit polyclonal antibodyPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Rabbit, Mouse
- Expected Reactivity:
- Rat, Human, Xenopus, Bovine, Chicken, Non-human primate, Zebra fish
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~55 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p1575-58, RRID:AB_2492273
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser58 of tryptophan Hydroxylase 1 (TPH1).
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) catalyzes the 5-hydroxylation of tryptophan, which is the first step in the biosynthesis of indoleamines (serotonin and melatonin) (Martinez et al., 2001). In mammals, serotonin biosynthesis occurs predominantly in neurons which originate in the Raphe nuclei of the brain, and melatonin synthesis takes place within the pineal gland. Although TPH catalyzes the same reaction within the Raphe nuclei and the pineal gland, TPH activity is rate-limiting for serotonin but not melatonin biosynthesis. Serotonin functions mainly as a neurotransmitter, whereas melatonin is the principal hormone secreted by the pineal gland. The activity of TPH is enhanced by phosphorylation by cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) and Ca2+/calmodulin kinase II (CaM K II) (Jiang et al., 2000; Johansen et al., 1996) Both PKA and CaM K II phosphorylate Ser58 which lies within the regulatory domain of TPH (Kuhn et al., 1997).
• Indoleacetic acid 5 hydroxylase antibody
• L tryptophan hydroxylase antibody
• MGC119994 antibody
• TPH 1 antibody
• TPH antibody
• TPH1 antibody
• TPH1_HUMAN antibody
• TPRH antibody
• TRPH antibody
• Tryptophan 5 hydroxylase 1 antibody
• Tryptophan 5 monooxygenase 1 antibody
• Tryptophan 5 monooxygenase antibody
• Tryptophan 5-hydroxylase 1 antibody
• Tryptophan 5-monooxygenase 1 antibody
• Tryptophan hydroxylase 1 antibody