Excellent oligodendrocyte marker for IHC!
- Protein A Purified
- Species Reactivity:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:3000IHC 1:100IP 1:50ICC 1:100
- Rabbit polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Reference:
- ~27 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1537-Olig1, RRID:AB_2492192
The antigen is a recombinant mouse Olig1.
The antibody is Protein A purified rabbit serum.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Olig genes have been identified as the earliest known markers of oligodendrocyte lineage determination to date (Zhou et al., 2000). Olig1 is a transcription factor which promotes formation and maturation of oligodendrocytes, especially within the brain. It is expressed in the ventral spinal cord as early as 9.5 dpc and by 15.5 dpc, olig1 is dispersed throughout the gray matter. In the postnatal brain, it is present preferentially in the white matter, such as corpus callosum and cerebellar medulla. Olig1 has been demonstrated as necessary in the repair of brain lesions in patients with multiple sclerosis (Arnett et al. 2004).
• Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B 6 antibody
• Basic domain helix loop helix protein class B6 antibody
• BHLH B6 antibody
• BHLHB 6 antibody
• bHLHb6 antibody
• bHLHe21 antibody
• Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 6 antibody
• Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 21 antibody
• Olig 1 antibody
• Olig1 antibody
• OLIG1_HUMAN antibody
• Oligo 1 antibody
• Oligo1 antibody
• Oligodendrocyte lineage transcription factor 1 antibody
• Oligodendrocyte specific bHLH transcription factor 1 antibody
• Oligodendrocyte transcription factor 1 antibody