Rabbit Polyclonal AntibodyPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Reactivity:
- Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:1000
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Reference:
- ~52 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1471-nACB4, RRID:AB_2619714
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the ?4-subunit of rat nAChR.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are ionotropic, cholinergic receptors that are divided into 2 types; muscle type and neuronal type. Neuronal nAChRs are pentameric ion channels consisting of 5 identical (homopentamers) or different (heteropentamers) subunits. Heteropentameric neuronal nAChRs mediate fast synaptic transmission in the autonomic nervous system. The predominant hetero-oligomeric nAChR in the CNS contain the subunits ?4?2, whereas ?3?4 prevail in the PNS. However, the expression of these subunits varies not only by region but also during development (Scholze et al 2011). In the brain, ?2-containing receptors greatly outnumber receptors that contain ?4 (McGehee & Role, 1995; Albuquerque et al., 2009), and in most brain regions, targeted deletion of the ?2 subunit virtually abolishes [3H]-epibatidine binding and receptor autoradiography (Zoli et al., 1998) due to the absence of a ? subunit required to form functional nAChRs (Champtiaux & Changeux, 2004).
• acetylcholine receptor, nicotinic, beta 4 (neuronal) antibody
• ACHB4_HUMAN antibody
• AChR antibody
• Cholinergic receptor nicotinic beta 4 antibody
• Cholinergic receptor nicotinic beta polypeptide 4 antibody
• cholinergic receptor, nicotinic, beta polypeptide 4 antibody
• Chrnb4 antibody
• Neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit beta-4 antibody
• Neuronal nicotinic receptor beta 4 subunit antibody