- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Weight:
- ~52 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1470-nACB2, RRID:AB_2619712
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the β2-subunit of rat nAChR.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) are ionotropic, cholinergic receptors that are divided into 2 types; muscle type and neuronal type. Neuronal nAChRs are pentameric ion channels consisting of 5 identical (homopentamers) or different (heteropentamers) subunits. Heteropentameric neuronal nAChRs mediate fast synaptic transmission in the autonomic nervous system. The predominant hetero-oligomeric nAChR in the CNS contain the subunits α4β2, whereas α3β4 prevail in the PNS. However, the expression of these subunits varies not only by region but also during development (Scholze et al 2011). In the brain, β2-containing receptors greatly outnumber receptors that contain β4 (McGehee & Role, 1995; Albuquerque et al., 2009), and in most brain regions, targeted deletion of the β2 subunit virtually abolishes [3H]-epibatidine binding and receptor autoradiography (Zoli et al., 1998) due to the absence of a β subunit required to form functional nAChRs (Champtiaux & Changeux, 2004).
• Acetylcholine receptor beta 2 neural antibody
• ACHB2_HUMAN antibody
• ACHN antibody
• AChR antibody
• Acrb 2 antibody
• Acrb2 antibody
• b2 nAchR antibody
• Cholinergic receptor nicotinic beta 2 antibody
• Cholinergic receptor nicotinic beta polypeptide 2 antibody
• Cholinergic receptor nicotinic beta polypeptide 2 neuronal antibody
• cholinergic receptor, nicotinic, beta 2 (neuronal) antibody
• Chrnb2 antibody
• EFNL 3 antibody
• EFNL3 antibody
• nAChRB2 antibody
• Neuronal acetylcholine receptor protein beta 2 chain precursor antibody
• Neuronal acetylcholine receptor protein subunit beta 2 antibody
• Neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit beta-2 antibody
• Neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta 2 antibody