- Total IgY fraction
- Species Tested:
- Bovine, Chicken, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
- WB 1:5000IHC 1:1000ICC 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Chicken Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~145 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1455-NFM, RRID:AB_2492164
The antigen is a recombinant fusion protein containing the extreme C-terminus of rat NF-M expressed in and purified from E. coli.
The antibody is total IgY fraction.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Neurofilaments are the 10 nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called NF-L, NF-M and NF-H (Harris et al., 1991). NF-M is the neurofilament middle or medium molecular weight polypeptide and runs on SDS-PAGE gels at 145-160 kDa, with some variability across species boundaries. Antibodies to NF-M are useful for identifying neuronal cells and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. NF-M antibodies can also be useful to visualize neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and Alzheimer’s disease (Hu et al., 2002).
• 150 kDa Neurofilament Medium antibody
• 160 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
• Medium polypeptide 150kDa antibody
• NEF3 antibody
• Neurofilament 3 antibody
• Neurofilament 3, medium antibody
• Neurofilament medium polypeptide antibody
• Neurofilament protein M antibody
• Neurofilament triplet M protein antibody
• Neurofilament-3 (150 kD medium) antibody
• NF-M antibody
• NFM antibody