- Protein G purified tissue culture supernatant
- Species Tested:
- Bovine, Chicken, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
- Expected Reactivity:
- Most mammals
- WB 1:5000IHC 1:500-1:1000ICC 1:500-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Mouse Monoclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~200 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1450-NFH, RRID:AB_2492159
The antigen is a purified bovine neurofilament H.
The antibody is Protein G purified tissue culture supernatant.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Neurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called NF-L, NF-M and NF-H (1). NF-H is the neurofilament high or heavy molecular weight polypeptide and runs on SDS-PAGE gels at 200-220 kDa, with some variability across species boundaries. Antibodies to NF-H are useful for identifying neuronal cells and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. NF-H antibodies can also be useful to visualize neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) (2) and Alzheimer’s disease (3).
• 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
• CMT2CC antibody
• Nefh antibody
• Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibody
• Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
• Neurofilament triplet H protein antibody
• NF H antibody
• NF-H antibody
• NFH antibody
• NFH_HUMAN antibody