- Total IgY fraction
- Species Tested:
- Bovine, Canine, Human, Mouse, Pig, Rat
- Expected Reactivity:
- Most mammals
- WB 1:50000IHC 1:5000-1:25,000ICC 1:25,000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Chicken Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~200 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1451-NFH, RRID:AB_2492160
The antigen is a purified bovine NF-H.
The antibody is total IgY fraction.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Neurofilaments are the 10nm or intermediate filament proteins found specifically in neurons, and are composed predominantly of three major proteins called NF-L, NF-M and NF-H (Harris et al., 1991). NF-H is the neurofilament high or heavy molecular weight polypeptide and runs on SDS-PAGE gels at 200-220 kDa, with some variability across species boundaries. Antibodies to NF-H are useful for identifying neuronal cells and their processes in tissue sections and in tissue culture. NF-H antibodies can also be useful to visualize neurofilament accumulations seen in many neurological diseases, such as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) (Mendonca et al., 2005) and Alzheimer’s disease (Hu et al., 2002).
• 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
• CMT2CC antibody
• Nefh antibody
• Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 200kDa antibody
• Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
• Neurofilament triplet H protein antibody
• NF H antibody
• NF-H antibody
• NFH antibody
• NFH_HUMAN antibody