- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Expected Reactivity:
- Non-human primate
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Weight:
- ~47 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1181-Mnk2b, RRID:AB_2631043
Peptide from the C-terminal region, specific to the human Mnk2b isoform. The sequence of the antigen has no homology with Mnk1 or Mnk2a.
Prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via chromatography on peptide immunogen column.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
MAP kinase-interacting kinases Mnk1 and Mnk2, are activated by the MAP kinases, ERK and p38 (Waskiewicz et al., 1997). Additionally, Mnk1 and Mnk2 have been shown to phosphorylate the translation initiation factor eIF4E (Fukunaga and Hunter 1997; Waskiewicz et al., 1997). Alternative splicing of the MKNK2 gene results in two isoforms with different C-termini: one that has a MAPK-binding domain, Mnk2a, and one that does not, Mnk2b (Parra et al., 2005). Recent studies have indicated that Mnk2a has tumor suppressive activity while Mnk2b is pro-oncogenic (Maimon et al., 2014).
• MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2 antibody
• MDS1 EVI1 antibody
• Mef2b antibody
• MEF2B_HUMAN antibody
• Myocyte enhancer factor 2B antibody
• Myocyte specific enhancer factor 2B antibody
• Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2B antibody
• PRDM3 antibody
• RSRFR2 antibody
• Serum response factor like protein 2 antibody
• Serum response factor-like protein 2 antibody
• XMEF2 antibody