- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Expected Reactivity:
- Non-human primate
- WB 1:500 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Weight:
- ~52 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1180-Mnk2a, RRID:AB_2631038
The antigen is a peptide from the C-terminal region, specific to the human Mnk2a isoform. The sequence of the antigen has no homology with Mnk1 or Mnk2b.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the peptide immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
MAP kinase-interacting kinases Mnk1 and Mnk2 are activated by the MAP kinases, ERK and p38 (Waskiewicz et al., 1997). Additionally, Mnk1 and Mnk2 have been shown to phosphorylate the translation initiation factor eIF4E (Fukunaga and Hunter 1997; Waskiewicz et al., 1997). Alternative splicing of the MKNK2 gene results in two isoforms with different C-termini: one that has a MAPK-binding domain, Mnk2a, and one that does not, Mnk2b (Parra et al., 2005). Recent studies have indicated that Mnk2a has tumor suppressive activity while Mnk2b is pro-oncogenic (Maimon et al., 2014).
• ADCAD1 antibody
• MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2, polypeptide A (myocyte enhancer factor 2A) antibody
• MEF2 antibody
• MEF2A antibody
• MEF2A_HUMAN antibody
• Myocyte enhancer factor 2A antibody
• Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A antibody
• RSRFC4 antibody
• RSRFC9 antibody
• Serum response factor like protein 1 antibody
• Serum response factor-like protein 1 antibody