Rabbit polyclonal antibody
- Affinity purified
- Species Tested:
- Expected Reactivity:
- Bovine, Canine, Human, Mouse, Non-human primate, Zebra fish
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:500 Don't see your application?
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~110 kDa and ~220 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 2030-mGluR2/3, RRID:AB_2492151
The antigen is a peptide from the C-terminal region of rat mGluR2 and rat mGluR3.
The antibody is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the peptide immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
The metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) are key receptors in the modulation of excitatory synaptic transmission in the central nervous system. They are implicated in many forms of neural plasticity as well as learning and memory and drug abuse (Bhattacharya et al., 2004; Francesconi et al., 2004; Wilson and Nicoll, 2001). Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors (consisting of mGluR1 and mGluR5) are G-protein-coupled neurotransmitter receptors that are localized in the perisynaptic region of the postsynaptic membrane. When activated, Group I mGluRs lead to stimulation of phospholipase and activation of Protein Kinase C. In contrast, activation of Group II metabotropic receptors (mGluR2 and mGluR3) leads to inhibition of adenylate cyclase. The mGluR2 subunit has been shown to be required for long-term potentiation at the mossy fiber input in the hippocampus (Yokoi et al., 1996).
• GLUR2 antibody
• GLUR3 antibody
• Glutamate receptor homolog antibody
• Glutamate receptor metabotropic 2 antibody
• Glutamate receptor metabotropic 3 antibody
• GPRC1B antibody
• GPRC1C antibody
• GRM2 antibody
• GRM3 antibody
• Metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 antibody
• Metabotropic glutamate receptor 3 antibody
• mGlu2 antibody
• mGlu3 antibody
• MGLUR2 antibody
• MGLUR3 antibody