Rabbit polyclonal antibodyPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Species Reactivity:
- Mouse, Human, Bovine, Canine, Chicken, Non-human primate, Xenopus, Zebra fish
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~49 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p183-3115, RRID:AB_2492149
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser311, Thr315 of MEK5.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
MEK5 (also known as MKK5) is a dual specificity serine/threonine protein kinase belonging to the MAP kinase kinase family. MEK5 has been shown to specifically activate ERK5 (Zhou et al., 1995) whereas MEK5 itself is regulated by MEKK3 (Chao et al., 1999). An important link between MEK5 and metastatic prostrate cancer has been demonstrated (Mehta et.al., 2003). Dual phosphorylation of Ser311 and Thr315 have been implicated in cell proliferation (Cameron et al., 2004).
• Dual specificity mitogen activated protein kinase kinase 5 antibody
• Dual specificity mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 5 antibody
• EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
• HsT17454 antibody
• MAP kinase kinase 5 antibody
• MAP kinase kinase MEK5b antibody
• MAP2K5 antibody
• MAPK/ERK kinase 5 antibody
• MAPKK 5 antibody
• MAPKK5 antibody
• MEK 5 antibody
• mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 5 antibody
• MKK5 antibody
• MP2K5_HUMAN antibody
• PRKMK5 antibody
• Protein kinase, mitogen-activated, kinase 5 antibody
• SAPKK5 antibody
• SKK5 antibody