- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Expected Reactivity:
- Bovine, Chicken, Guinea Pig, Mouse, Non-human primate, Rat, Sheep
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Weight:
- ~ 51 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p1208-222, RRID:AB_2572427
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho Ser222 of the human MEF2C protein.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
MEF2C, also known as MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2, polypeptide C, is one of 4 MEF2 (myocyte enhancer factor 2) transcription factors that encode proteins for development of skeletal muscle and brain proliferation and differentiation (McDermott et al, 1993), along with regulating stress-response during cardiac hypertrophy in mammals (Wu et al, 2015). Phosphorylation of MEF2C at serine 59 has been shown to be negatively regulated by integrin-linked kinase (ILK) (Dong et al, 2015). Recently, high MEF2C expression has been associated with a subset of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patients with adverse-risk disease features and poor outcomes (Laszlo et al, 2015). Phosphorylation of MEF2C at serine 222 may play a key role in MEF2C signaling.
• C5DELq14.3 antibody
• DEL5q14.3 antibody
• MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2 polypeptide C (myocyte enhancer factor 2C) antibody
• MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2, polypeptide C antibody
• MEF2C antibody
• MEF2C_HUMAN antibody
• Myocyte enhancer factor 2C antibody
• Myocyte specific enhancer factor 2C antibody
• Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2C antibody
• OTTHUMP00000222409 antibody
• Similar to MADS box transcription enhancer factor 2 polypeptide C antibody