Rabbit polyclonal antibody
*This antibody is a replacement for our original catalog # 860-GB1C.
It was produced by the same methods, using the same fusion protein
antigen in new animals.
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Reactivity:
- Rat, Mouse, Human, Xenopus, Bovine, Chicken, Non-human primate, Zebra fish, Canine
- WB 1:1000
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Reference:
- ~55 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 860A-GB1C, RRID:AB_2617129
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the β1-subunit of rat GABAA receptor.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six αs, four βs and four γs, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for α- and β-subunits results in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a γ-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. The various effects of the benzodiazepines in brain may also be mediated via different α- subunits of the receptor (McKernan et al., 2000; Mehta and Ticku, 1998; Ogris et al., 2004; Pöltl et al., 2003).
• AW061132 antibody
• B230208N19Rik antibody
• GABA(A) receptor beta 1 antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit beta-1 antibody
• GABA-A receptor, beta-1 polypeptide antibody
• Gabrb-1 antibody
• GABRB1 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor beta 1 antibody
• Gamma Aminobutyric Acid A Receptor Beta 1 antibody
• Gamma Aminobutyric Acid Receptor , beta-1 antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor, subunit beta 1 antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit beta-1 antibody
• GARB1 antibody
• GBRB1_HUMAN antibody