- Affinity purified
- Species Tested:
- Mouse, Human, Non-human Primate, Rat, Salamander
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:100-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~67 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 880-GAT1, RRID:AB_2492119
The antigen is a peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat GAT-1.
The antibody is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification via chromatography with a column made with the peptide used as antigen.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABA plasma membrane transporters (GATs) influence synaptic neurotransmission by high affinity uptake and release of GABA. To date, four distinct GABA transporters have been identified: GAT-1, GAT-2, GAT-3, and BGT-1. GAT-1, the most abundant of the transporters, is found predominantly in neurons, but also in some specialized glia (Minelli et al., 1995). GAT-1 is thought to play a key role in epileptogenesis (Zhao et al. 2003).
• GABATHG antibody
• GABATR antibody
• GABT 1 antibody
• GABT1 antibody
• GAT-1 antibody
• GAT1 antibody
• SC6A1_HUMAN antibody
• Slc6a1 antibody
• Sodium and chloride dependent GABA transporter 1 antibody
• Sodium- and chloride-dependent GABA transporter 1 antibody
• Solute carrier family 6 (neurotransmitter transporter GABA) member 1 antibody
• Solute carrier family 6 member 1 antibody