- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Rat, Mouse
- Expected Reactivity:
- Bovine, Canine, Chicken, Human, Non-human primate, Xenopus, Zebra fish
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~58 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p1130-4089, RRID:AB_2492111
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the di-phospho-Ser408/409 of the rat GABAA receptor, β3 subunit.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephospho-peptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system. There are two major classes of GABA receptors: the GABAA and the GABAB subtype of receptors. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six αs, four βs and four γs, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for α- and β-subunits results in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a γ-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. Phosphorylation of serine 408 and serine 409 within the β3 subunit have been shown to be critical for the functional modulation of β3 containing recombinant receptors (Brandon et al., 2000).
• ECA5 antibody
• GABA alpha receptor beta-2 subunit antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit beta-3 antibody
• GABAA receptor beta 3 subunit antibody
• GABAA receptor subunit beta 3 antibody
• GABR B3 antibody
• Gabrb3 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor beta 3 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor subunit beta 3 antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit beta-3 antibody
• GBRB3_HUMAN antibody
• MGC9051 antibody