Rabbit polyclonal antibody
** This antibody is a replacement for our original catalog # 846-GA5C. It was
produced by the same methods, using the same fusion protein antigen
in new animals.
- 100 ul
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Rat, Mouse
- Expected Reactivity:
- Bovine, Canine, Chicken, Human, Non-human Primate, Zebrafish
- WB 1:1000IHC Engin et al, 2015 Don't see your application?
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~55 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 846A-GA5C, RRID:AB_2797145
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the α5-subunit of rat GABAA receptor.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl– channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six αs, four βs and four γs, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for α- and β-subunits results in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a γ-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. The various effects of the benzodiazepines in brain may also be mediated via different α-subunits of the receptor (McKernan et al., 2000; Mehta and Ticku, 1998; Ogris et al., 2004; Pöltl et al., 2003).
• GAA 5 antibody
• GAA5 antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-5 antibody
• GABRA 5 antibody
• Gabra5 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid GABA A receptor alpha 5 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid GABA A receptor alpha 5 precursor antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor alpha 5 subunit precursor GABA A receptor antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-5 antibody
• GBRA5_HUMAN antibody
• GC138184 antibody