**This antibody is a replacement for our original catalog #845-GA4C. It was produced by the same methods, using the same fusion protein antigen in new animalsPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:300 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~64 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 845A-GA4C, RRID:AB_2800407
The antigen is a fusion protein from the cytoplasmic loop of the α4-subunit of rat GABAA receptor.
The antibody is prepared from rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the fusion protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the primary inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system, causing a hyperpolarization of the membrane through the opening of a Cl− channel associated with the GABAA receptor (GABAA-R) subtype. GABAA-Rs are important therapeutic targets for a range of sedative, anxiolytic, and hypnotic agents and are implicated in several diseases including epilepsy, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse. The GABAA-R is a multimeric subunit complex. To date six αs, four βs and four γs, plus alternative splicing variants of some of these subunits, have been identified (Olsen and Tobin, 1990; Whiting et al., 1999; Ogris et al., 2004). Injection in oocytes or mammalian cell lines of cRNA coding for α- and β-subunitsresults in the expression of functional GABAA-Rs sensitive to GABA. However, coexpression of a γ-subunit is required for benzodiazepine modulation. The various effects of the benzodiazepines in brain may also be mediated via different α-subunits of the receptor (McKernan et al., 2000; Mehta and Ticku, 1998; Ogris et al., 2004; Pöltl et al., 2003).
• GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha 4 antibody
• GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-4 antibody
• GABR A4 antibody
• GABRA 4 antibody
• Gabra4 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) A receptor alpha 4 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha 4 antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor alpha 4 subunit antibody
• Gamma aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha 4 antibody
• Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-4 antibody
• GBRA4_HUMAN antibody