Rabbit polyclonal antibodyPooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Reactivity:
- Rat, Human, Bovine, Sheep, Canine, Rabbit, Guinea Pig
- WB 1:1000
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Reference:
- ~55 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 418-DDCH, RRID:AB_2492073
The antigen is a peptide from N-terminus region of human DOPA decarboxylase (DDC), conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using an AminoLink® Plus column matrix to which purified, recombinant bovine DDC was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
DOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase, AADC; DDC) catalyzes the second reaction in the biosynthesis of catecholamines and serotonin (Waymire and Haycock, 2002; Berry et al., 1996; Haycock et al., 2003). It is also involved in the biosynthesis of trace amines. DDC antibodies can therefore be used as markers for dopaminergic, noradrenergic and serotonergic neurons in a variety of applications including depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson’s disease and drug abuse (Kish et al., 2001; Zhu et al., 2000; Zhu et al., 1999).
- AADC antibody
- Aromatic L Amino Acid Decarboxylase antibody
- Aromatic-L-amino-acid decarboxylase antibody
- DDC antibody
- DDC_HUMAN antibody
- DOPA decarboxylase (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase) antibody
- DOPA decarboxylase antibody