Excellent marker for striatal medium spiny neurons!
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Reactivity:
- Rat, Mouse, Human, Xenopus, Bovine, Chicken, Non-human primate, Canine
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:250
- Rabbit polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Reference:
- ~32 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 374-DARPP, RRID:AB_2492067
The antigen is a peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the N-terminal region of rat DARPP-32, conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH).
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via chromatography on an affinity column prepared with the N-terminal peptide used as antigen.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
DARPP-32 is a dopamine (DA) and cAMP-regulated ~32 kDa phosphoprotein that is associated with dopaminoceptive neurons (Fienberg et al., 1998). The protein inhibits protein phosphatase I when it is phosphorylated on Thr34. In contrast, when DARPP-32 is phosphorylated on Thr75 the protein acts as an inhibitor of PKA (Bibb et al., 1999). Phosphorylation of DARPP-32 is thought to play a critical role in the regulation of dopaminergic neurotransmission. In addition, the activity of DARPP-32 is also thought to play important roles in the actions of alcohol, caffeine and Prozac® (Maldve et al., 2002; Lindskog et al., 2002; Svenningsson et al., 2002).
- DARPP32 antibody
- DARPP-32 antibody
- Dopamine and cAMP regulated neuronal phosphoprotein 32 antibody
- Dopamine and cAMP regulated neuronal phosphoprotein antibody
- Dopamine and cAMP regulated phosphoprotein antibody
- Dopamine and cAMP regulated phosphoprotein DARPP 32 antibody
- Dopamine and cAMP regulated phosphoprotein DARPP32 antibody
- Dopamine- and cAMP-regulated neuronal phosphoprotein antibody
- FLJ20940 antibody
- IPPD antibody
- Neuronal phosphoprotein DARPP 32 antibody
- PPP1R1B antibody
- PPR1B_HUMAN antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 1B antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory inhibitor subunit 1B antibody
- Protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit 1B antibody