- Protein G Purified
- Species Tested:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:1000IHC 1:50-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Mouse Monoclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~ 28 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 308-CDK5, RRID:AB_2492053
The antigen is a purified rat Cdk5.
The antibody is protein G purified culture supernatant.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
The neuronal protein kinase, Cdk5 has been implicated in a vast array of normal neuronal functions including regulation of neurotransmitter synthesis (Kansy J et al., 2004), the presynaptic vesicle cycle (Nguyen, C. & Bibb, JA 2003), neurotransmitter receptor trafficking and dopamine neurotransmission (Bibb, JA et al. 1999). At the same time Cdk5 has been implicated in a plethora of neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and drug addiction. Detection of Cdk5 in normal samples as well as tissue undergoing neurodegeneration may advance studies in these areas. Moreover, this antibody may allow more accurate postmortem evaluations of Cdk5 protein expression, and thus serve as a valuable new reagent for neuropathology.
- Cdk 5 antibody
- Cdk5 antibody
- CDK5_HUMAN antibody
- Cell division protein kinase 5 antibody
- Crk6 antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase 5 antibody
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 antibody
- Protein kinase CDK5 splicing antibody
- PSSALRE antibody
- Serine threonine protein kinase PSSALRE antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase PSSALRE antibody
- Tau protein kinase II catalytic subunit antibody
- TPKII catalytic subunit antibody