- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Human, Mouse
- Expected Reactivity:
- Rat, Bovine, Canine, Guinea pig, Hamster, Non-human primate, Rabbit, Sheep
- WB 1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Host Species:
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Molecular Weight:
- ~46 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# p145-153, RRID:AB_2632396
The antigen is a phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho Tyr153 of human CK1Mt.
The antibody is prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification via sequential chromatography on phospho- and dephosphopeptide affinity columns.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Creatine kinase (CK1) plays an important role transferring phosphate groups from phosphocreatine to ADP in the cytosol of tissues having high, fluctuating energy demands like skeletal muscle, heart, and brain. Mitochondrial CK1, CK1Mt, has two isoforms, sarcomeric CK1Mt and ubiquitous CK1Mt. CK1Mt is localized between the MIM (mitochondrial inner membrane) and MOM (mitochondrial outer membrane) and bound to the cardiolipin-rich inner leaflet (Muller et al., 1985) and along the cristae membranes (Wegmann et al., 1991). CK1Mt exists in two forms; a homo dimer and an octamer consisting of four homodimers. The CK1Mt octamer forms permanent contact sites and maintains a complex structure including porin and ANT (adenine nucleotide translocase) within MIM and MOM (Speer et al, 2005). There have been several phospho-serine, threonine, and tyrosine sites identified within CK1Mt, the role of each one has yet to be determined.
- Acidic type mitochondrial creatine kinase antibody
- CKMT antibody
- CKMT1 antibody
- CKMT1A antibody
- CKMT1B antibody
- Creatine kinase mitochondrial 1 ubiquitous antibody
- Creatine kinase U type, mitochondrial antibody
- Creatine kinase ubiquitous mitochondrial antibody
- Creatine kinase, mitochondrial 1 (ubiquitous) antibody
- Creatine kinase, mitochondrial 1A antibody
- Creatine kinase, mitochondrial 1B antibody
- Mia CK antibody
- U MtCK antibody
- Ubiquitous mitochondrial creatine kinase antibody
- UMTCK antibody