Cholinergic neuronal marker for IHC and Western Blot!
- Affinity Purified
- Species Tested:
- Rat, Mouse, Human, Chicken, Non-human primate, Guinea Pig
- WB 1:100IHC 1:100-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Goat polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~70 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 315-CHAT, RRID:AB_2492055
The antigen is recombinant human choline acetyltransferase.
The antibody is prepared from goat serum by affinity purification using a column to which the protein immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Choline acetyltransferase is a neuronal enzyme which catalyzes the reaction between Acetyl CoA and choline resulting in the formation of acetylcholine. It is therefore found primarily in cholinergic neurons making it a valuable marker for diseases associated with decreased cholinergic function such as Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and Down syndrome (Holt et al. 1999). Decreased choline acetyltransferase activity in particular has been shown in Schizophrenic subjects (Karson et al 1993). It has furthermore been demonstrated that in patients with AD, there are significantly lower levels of cortical ChAT that correlate with severity of the disease as measured by loss of neuropsychological function (Baskin et al. 1999).
- Acetyl CoA choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Acetyl CoA:choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- ChAT antibody
- CHOACTase antibody
- Choline acetylase antibody
- choline acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O acetyltransferase antibody
- Choline O-acetyltransferase antibody
- CLAT_HUMAN antibody
- CMS1A antibody
- CMS1A2 antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019583 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000019584 antibody