Excellent human taste cell marker!Pooled Serum
- Affinity Purified from Pooled Serum
- Species Tested:
- Human, Non-human primate
- IF 1:1000IHC 1:1000
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~135 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 1640-PLC, RRID:AB_2801663
The antigen is a peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of human PLC β2.
Prepared from pooled rabbit serum by affinity purification using a column to which the peptide immunogen was coupled.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
Phospholipases are quite common enzymes that are present in a broad range of organisms, including bacteria, yeast, plants, animals, and viruses. Phospholipase C (PLC) constitutes a class of enzymes that cleave phospholipids on the diacylglycerol (DAG) side of the phosphodiester bond (Cocco et al., 2015). A growing body of evidence supports the role of phospholipase C (PLC) in the invasion and metastasis of different tumors, including breast cancer (Bertagnolo et al., 2006). PLC-β2 has been shown to be required for sweet, umami and bitter taste perception in mammals (Zhang et al., 2003). Data also suggests that PLC-β2 serves an unappreciated role assembling components of the p38MAPK signaling module (Barr et al., 2002).
- 1-phosphatidylinositol-4 antibody
- 1-phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase beta-2 antibody
- 5-bisphosphate phosphodiesterase beta-2 antibody
- FLJ38135 antibody
- Phosphoinositide phospholipase C-beta-2 antibody
- Phospholipase C-beta-2 antibody
- PLC-beta-2 antibody
- Plcb2 antibody
- PLCB2_HUMAN antibody