Great for use in IHC and ICC staining!
- Neat serum
- Species Tested:
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- WB 1:5000IHC 1:500-1:1000ICC 1:500-1:1000 Don't see your application?
- Rabbit polyclonal
- Gene Name:
- Molecular Weight:
- ~240 kDa
- Cite This Antibody:
- PhosphoSolutions Cat# 99-A2SR, RRID:AB_2492031
The antigen is a recombinant construct containing the seventh, eighth and ninth repeats of human alpha II spectrin expressed in and purified from E. Coli.
The antibody is neat serum.
Biological Significance: ExpandCollapse
The spectrin family of cytoskeletal proteins is comprised of 2 alpha genes (?1 and ?2) and five beta genes (?1-?5). Spectrins have been shown to function as scaffolding proteins in mechanical support of the plasma membrane as well as bind other membrane proteins and lipids (Bennett and Baines 2001). Defects in spectrin genes have been linked to some forms of hereditary spherocytosis, a type of auto-hemolytic anemia which is characterized by spherical red blood cells that are more prone to lysis (Eber and Lux 2004).
- (ALPHA)II-SPECTRIN antibody
- Alpha-II spectrin antibody
- brain antibody
- EIEE5 antibody
- FLJ17738 antibody
- FLJ44613 antibody
- Fodrin antibody
- Fodrin alpha chain antibody
- Fodrin, alpha antibody
- NEAS antibody
- Non erythrocytic spectrin alpha antibody
- non-erythroid alpha chain antibody
- SPECA antibody
- Spectrin alpha chain antibody
- Spectrin alpha chain brain antibody
- Spectrin alpha non erythrocytic 1 antibody
- Spectrin antibody
- Spectrin non erythroid alpha chain antibody
- Spectrin, alpha, non-erythrocytic 1 (alpha-fodrin) antibody
- Spectrin, nonerythroid, alpha subunit antibody
- Spna2 antibody
- SPTA 2 antibody
- SPTA2 antibody
- SPTA2_HUMAN antibody
- SPTAN 1 antibody
- SPTAN1 antibody